What makes it a Legend….
- Our frame is designed for 70lb live load, 40lb dead load. The building code requires a deck be 40lb live and 20lb dead load.
- Our joist spacing never exceeds 12” center-to-center. The building code requires joist spacing at 16” center-to-center
- We bolt our decks to your house at 12” center-to-center. The building code requires bolt spacing of 24” center-to-center
- Our railing support spacing never exceeds 6 feet center-to-center for safety. Some railing manufacturers allow 10 feet center-to-center. The building code has to accept all manufacturers specifications.
- Our step treads are 13” deep for safety for you and your family. The building code requires 10 1/4” tread depth.
- All our staircases are never less than 54” wide for safety for you and your family. The building code requires 36” wide staircases.
- We install step lights on every deck for safety. The building code has no requirement for step lights.
- We construct for safety and convenience for you, your family and your guests. Building codes are minimum construction requirements.